The weather is warming and the sun is finally (most days) shining, which means it’s time to think about your home’s spring maintenance needs. It’s also a good time to work on some larger projects now that there is more daylight and the threat of winter weather is behind us.
Here’s a checklist to spruce up your home this spring…
- Inspect driveways and walkways. Repair cracks and chips to fix walking hazards. Your association may require you to replace damaged sidewalks as well.
- Prevent mosquitos. Look for and get rid of standing water that may have pooled over the winter. Removing a place for mosquitos to breed will minimize your chances of contracting any of the nasty viruses they carry with them.
- Wash your windows. It can be a tedious job but once it’s done, your home will feel instantly fresh and ready for the summer sun to pour in.
- Clean gutters and downspouts. Removing leaves and debris helps the rain water to flow freely, preventing leaks and other issues throughout your home.
- Clean your fireplace. After a cold winter, if you used your wood fireplace frequently, it’s time to clean out the soot and ash. You’ll also want to hire a professional chimney sweep to give it a once over; then you’ll be ready when the chill hits the air again.
- Check screen doors and windows. Don’t let the bugs find refuge in your home this spring and summer. Examine your screens for holes and damage; even a tiny tear can allow pesky pests inside.
This article was adapted from: https://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/62779344/list/your-spring-home-maintenance-checklist. You can find even more spring maintenance ideas there!