The Central Penn Business Journal is an absolute must read for business people and professionals. In addition to its weekly newspaper-like publication, it releases several supplemental publications throughout the year. What follows are facts reported in the Daulphin/Cumberland Business Report for 2014.
Here are some interesting facts regarding Cumberland County:
Cumberland County has been Pennsylvania’s fastest growing county since 2010.
- The Harrisburg/Carlisle MSA (which includes Perry County) has the lowest population density in Central Pennsylvania.
- The population for the Harrisburg Carlisle MSA is approximately 550,000.
- The median house price for the Harrisburg-Carlisle MSA (including Perry County) is $169,000.
- The median income is $57,368.
- 28.7% of residents have college degrees. This compares with just 9.4% in 1970.
- Of the 10 top employers in Cumberland County, 5 are located in Carlisle.
- The top employer type in the County is retail trade followed by healthcare and social assistance. Transportation and warehousing ranks third and accommodations and food service fourth.
Carlisle, and the Greater Carlisle Area, is and has been my market. I am pleased to report that as of June 1st, I was the top producing Broker* and Wolfe & Company Realtors ranked second in market share ahead of all companies doing business in the market except Berkshire Hathaway Homesale Realty. We appreciate your continued support and the commitment you have shown to doing business with local, experienced and professional real estate practitioners.
Ray “Buz” Wolfe, Jr.
Wolfe & Company Realtors
*Ray L. “Buz” Wolfe, Jr. is a licensed Real Estate Broker in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He is not an attorney and is not licensed to practice law. No comments made within the confines of his blog should be construed as legal advice.
**All statistics cited obtained from Central Penn MLS are believed, but not guaranteed, to be accurate.
*Does not include Brokers or Agents operating as teams in Area 7 Central Penn MLS